Abyssal Phoenixes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abyssal Phoenixes

A Yugioh Duel Team mainly on Dueling Network.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Theme Song  Log inLog in  PortalPortal  
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
GoogleAdsense
Latest topics
» Pokemon Online!
Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:56 am by Mehsk1ll

» Konami's Judge's Corner
Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:35 am by Kahzel

» Song Of The Week
Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:52 am by Mehsk1ll

» Page to post challenges
Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 5:04 am by valkyjosh

» valkyjoshs temporary problem
Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:05 pm by valkyjosh

» Black Luster Soldier - Envoy Of The Beginning: Ruling
Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 2:43 am by Kahzel

» Troll Infinite LP Loop
Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 7:16 am by Kahzel

» DigiMasters Online (DMO)
Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:03 pm by EvilShenron3

» 360 Minecraft
Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:51 am by eburne

Keywords
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics

Inter team tournament

Go down 
+3
PrimeMeridian
Kahzel
valkyjosh
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
valkyjosh
Admin
valkyjosh

Inter team tournament Empty
PostSubject: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:41 am

Once we have 16 members i will create a tournament for all of the current members, now i know people are on at different days so it will be over a great span of time.

Also EDUDE's account has been deleted as he quit the team
Back to top Go down
https://abyssalphoenix.forumotion.co.uk
Kahzel

Kahzel

PostSubject: Re: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 12:13 am

Ok, so there should be at least some rules concerning the tournament.

The winner of a match is considered as the winner of that round.
That means that you have to win 2-0 or 2-1 against your opponent.
Siding is allowed, but you have to use the same deck (with your sidedeck) in the whole match.
E.g. you can't use Lightsworns in the first duel, then disconnect and use a Dark World in your second duel.

We have to decide if complete deck changes in the whole tournament are allowed or not too.

The winner has to post a picture of all the wins of that match here, if you don't know how to post a picture, this is the code:

Code:
[img]http://www.image_url.com[/img]

Just use the snapshot function of DN. And you will get a link of imgur

If an disconnect occurs both have to take an snapshot of that moment, to prove that it wasn't on purpose on the one side and on the other side, if they were clearly to win or not and judging by that you have to reduel that duel or not. If it's unclear, you both have to reduel that one, but you keep your wins of the last duels.

I would recommend a rated duel as you can call judges if some ruling questions appear.

Concerning the duel partner selection I would propose one of the two rulings:

1. K.O. matches until the end:
Everyone who wants to participate posts a reply in Page To Post Challenges
You can choose your opponent from the participants under one condition:
Your opponent has to have the same number of wins as you.

E.g. You and your opponent have just entered the tourny so each of you have 0 wins, so you can duel each other.
Now you win your first duel and have 1 win and you want to duel with a second person who just entered the tournament and therefor has zero wins:
This is not possible, because you have different numbers of wins.

And why that strange ruling? I think it's unfair if we have a pure K.O. system where just everyone duels everyone and then one person is left, because there
could always be the situation that one person with less duels wins against a person with more duels by luck. That seems to be very unfair in my opinion.

Both duelists have to agree by chat or Private Messages (Here or on DN) about the time and date when to duel.

2. Single-Elimination Tournament
That means that you will be assigned by random into a tree, and the winner will be one level above, the loser goes home Very Happy
So it will be something like in this diagram:

Inter team tournament 800px-Mitbat-2007-bracket-large

I think this method is the fairest and would recommend that. Only point is that somebody has to assign the people to the according match by random,
but I will think of something by then and talk to Valkyjosh about it.

Also by this method both duelists have to agree by chat or Private Messages (Here or on DN) about the time and date when to duel.
Back to top Go down
valkyjosh
Admin
valkyjosh

PostSubject: Re: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:00 am

I was just going to put either double or single elimination, im able to create tournament brackets anyway, and ofcourse you must stick to 1 deck for the match but for the tournament you can switch decks for your next opponent. Double elimination is fairer as a strong duelist could go out in round 1 by pure bad luck and then be seen as being immensly low ranked when they are actually decent
Back to top Go down
valkyjosh
Admin
valkyjosh

PostSubject: Re: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:26 am

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

A friend of mine is joining soon so we should have enough members for the first Abyssal Phoenixes internal tournament, il set up the brackets soon and il finalise the rules soon, so everyone get your best decks ready. Though to let people be forwarned, no exodia, no final countdown, now ftk/otk decks.
Back to top Go down
PrimeMeridian

PrimeMeridian

PostSubject: Re: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:36 am

no ocg ?
Back to top Go down
valkyjosh
Admin
valkyjosh

PostSubject: Re: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:46 am

i think il allow ocg, ive been running verz alot lately and it allows us a more varied tournament anyway, but id prefer it if everyone would refuse to use a noob deck like inzektors or windups as its abit to broken for a fair tournament
Back to top Go down
EvilShenron3

EvilShenron3

PostSubject: Re: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 12:02 pm

i definatly want this to happen
Back to top Go down
eburne
Admin
eburne

PostSubject: Re: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 7:47 am

I'm in! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yoasianbanana

yoasianbanana

PostSubject: Re: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 7:50 am

yeh same i get to prove im the best here Very Happy
but shouldnt we do this?
assign each person a number
use random number generator
assign matches
and i think a k.o. elimination thing is the best cuz its still best 2/3 so if a person sacks round 1 theres still more chances to win O.o
Back to top Go down
eburne
Admin
eburne

PostSubject: Re: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 7:52 am

valkyjosh wrote:
i think il allow ocg, ive been running verz alot lately and it allows us a more varied tournament anyway, but id prefer it if everyone would refuse to use a noob deck like inzektors or windups as its abit to broken for a fair tournament

.. well that's no fun XD that's like saying "i'ma use these cards that aren't out yet, but you can't use the cards that ARE out" Razz
Back to top Go down
valkyjosh
Admin
valkyjosh

PostSubject: Re: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 8:00 am

I just mean nothing broken like inzektors or windups as they just ruin the meta
Back to top Go down
yoasianbanana

yoasianbanana

PostSubject: Re: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 8:03 am

well i was planning on playing one of my tier 1.5 or 2 decks anyway.....
Back to top Go down
eburne
Admin
eburne

PostSubject: Re: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 8:12 am

valkyjosh wrote:
I just mean nothing broken like inzektors or windups as they just ruin the meta

D: but i run junk/zektor~
Back to top Go down
valkyjosh
Admin
valkyjosh

PostSubject: Re: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 8:42 am

eburne i would let you run them but the only times ive seen you run them youve hornet derped me
Back to top Go down
eburne
Admin
eburne

PostSubject: Re: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 9:09 am

valkyjosh wrote:
eburne i would let you run them but the only times ive seen you run them youve hornet derped me

i'd only run one XD
Back to top Go down
valkyjosh
Admin
valkyjosh

PostSubject: Re: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 9:11 am

Inter team tournament Abyssal

Ok tournament is up, i realised that 2 of our members had been way to inactive to be participants of the tournament so this first one is a 14 person tournament, i know some people with have easier runs like me and a couple of others who dont get a round 1 but i gave everyone double elimination so even if you lose your first duel you can still win the tournament.

Rules: No inzektors, Windups, Darkworlds
Best 2/3
Final Duel will be 3/5 and whoever wins the first final duel is automaticly the winner of the next final as i didnt mean for their to be 2 but thats what double elimination does.
TCG decks only
No Deck Switching in the tournament so think carefully about what your using
Siding is allowed

il be posting a page for result and il put an example of how results must be written. Id recommend taking a results picture just incase anyone disputes your win.

I wish everyone goodluck and i hope for a fair tournament. On a note for eburne, you can run your hyper-zektors if you dont run hornet because even 1 hornet is broken.
Back to top Go down
yoasianbanana

yoasianbanana

PostSubject: Re: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 9:50 am

well then...interesting match ups...well valky guess im gonna have to beat skele before having to duel you :/
Back to top Go down
skele-imp

skele-imp

PostSubject: Re: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 10:30 am

Im confused.... how does one take a snap shot when they get disconnected.....?
Back to top Go down
skele-imp

skele-imp

PostSubject: Re: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 10:34 am

wait.... 0_0 dino rabbit can be used? that kinda sucks....
Back to top Go down
valkyjosh
Admin
valkyjosh

PostSubject: Re: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 10:46 am

Oops i mean no dinorabbit knew i forgot 1 broken deck, and if you DC'ed just get both me and your opponent to message me about who won
Back to top Go down
yoasianbanana

yoasianbanana

PostSubject: Re: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 11:40 am

what the...if you lose a match you still have a chance to win?
Back to top Go down
skele-imp

skele-imp

PostSubject: Re: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 1:32 pm

yep gotta love double elimination (=<
Back to top Go down
skele-imp

skele-imp

PostSubject: Re: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 1:35 pm

btw Im sorry for double posting so much, but what about burn, is that fair game? cause starbeast and chain material/fusion gate can pack a punch
Back to top Go down
PrimeMeridian

PrimeMeridian

PostSubject: Re: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 2:34 pm

no stall/burn themed decks unless its mild . so no like chain burn, golem burn, final countdown, etc. but if u have a deck that makes a lock or something that should be ok ? just no OTK combos like cannon soldier OTKs . just fair, competitive decks . and like valkyjosh said, no rabbit, inzektor, or windups . and crap i have to face kahzel round 1 . ima lose to that chaos hero deck . frick .
Back to top Go down
valkyjosh
Admin
valkyjosh

PostSubject: Re: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 10:20 pm

Basicly nothing game breaking, id prefer no burn decks but they are allowed if you cant think of another deck to use. I didnt realise before i made the tourny that 2 of our members hadnt been on since about 10+days ago so i changed it to double elim as ive got less duels to win and also if someone gets unlucky in their first duel like drawing no monsters for just bad luck reasons then ti allows them a second chance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inter team tournament   Inter team tournament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inter team tournament
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next