Abyssal Phoenixes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abyssal Phoenixes

A Yugioh Duel Team mainly on Dueling Network.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Theme Song  Log inLog in  PortalPortal  
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
GoogleAdsense
Latest topics
» Pokemon Online!
Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:56 am by Mehsk1ll

» Konami's Judge's Corner
Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:35 am by Kahzel

» Song Of The Week
Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:52 am by Mehsk1ll

» Page to post challenges
Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 5:04 am by valkyjosh

» valkyjoshs temporary problem
Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:05 pm by valkyjosh

» Black Luster Soldier - Envoy Of The Beginning: Ruling
Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 2:43 am by Kahzel

» Troll Infinite LP Loop
Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 7:16 am by Kahzel

» DigiMasters Online (DMO)
Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:03 pm by EvilShenron3

» 360 Minecraft
Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:51 am by eburne

Keywords
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Affiliates
free forum

Magi Magic Magical

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kahzel

Kahzel

Magi Magic Magical Empty
PostSubject: Magi Magic Magical   Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 8:30 pm

Inspired by Valkyjosh's post I tried to make some Magical deck revolving around Spellcasters with a little Chaos parts.
Here it is (still in the test phase, but works pretty good):

Like a Star @ heaven Magi Magic Magical Like a Star @ heaven

Updated Decklist

Code:
Edit:

I would appreciate it if you can give me some suggestions and advice instead of just saying it's a dumb deck...
Oh yeah and some cards that I think that would fit in but don't know what to throw out:

- Magical Citadel Of Endymion (maybe to 2?)
- Mystical Space Typhoon (at 2)
- The Necronomicon Books Of Spell (maybe to 2?)

Thx a lot ^.^'

Monster (21)

3x Lyla, The Lightsworn Sorceress (LV 4)
1x Ryko, The Lightsworn Hunter (LV 2)
1x Kycoo The Ghost Destroyer (LV 4)
1x Chaos Sorcerer (LV 6)
1x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy Of The Beginning (LV Cool
1x Gorz Emissary Of Darkness (LV 7)
1x Chario The Magical Swordsman (LV 4)

2x Junon The Magical Priestess (LV 7)
1x Endymion, The Master Magician (LV 7)
2x Effect Veiler (LV 1 - Tuner)
1x Breaker The Magical Warrior (LV 4)
2x Summoner Monk (LV 4)
1x Gagaga Magician (LV 4)
1x Night's End Sorcerer (LV 2 - Tuner)
3x Temper The Magical Summoner (LV 3)
2x L'Amour The Magical Archer (LV 3)
2x Forse The Magical Warrior (LV 4)
1x Batel Of The Books Of Spell (LV 2)
1x Apprentice Magician (LV 2)
2x Magical Exemplar (LV 4)

Spell (15)

1x Miracle Synchro Fusion

3x The Grimoire Books Of Spell
3x The Hygromantei Books Of Spell
2x The Torah Books Of Spell
1x The Necronomicon Books Of Spell
2x Magical Dimension
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
1x Magical Citadel of Endymion

Trap (4)

1x Torrential Tribute
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Magician's Circle

Extra (15)

XYZ (4)

1x Magi Magi Like a Star @ heaven Gal (R 6)

1x Wind-Up Zenmaines (R 3)
1x Maestroke The Symphony Djinn (R 4)
1x No. 39: Utopia (R 4)
1x Gem-Knight Pearl (R 4)
1x Hieron The Magical Hierophant (R 7)
(What the heck is a Hierophant?? scratch )
1x No. 11: Big Eyes (R 7)

Synchro (9)
1x Ally Of Justice Catastor (LV 5)
1x T.G. Hyper Librarian (LV 5)
1x Brionac Dragon Of The Ice Barrier (LV 6)
1x Explosive Magician (LV 6)
1x Arcanite Magician (LV 7)
1x Black Rose Dragon (LV 7)
1x Stardust Dragon (LV Cool
1x Scrap Dragon (LV Cool
1x Mist Wurm (LV 9)

Fusion
1x Supreme Arcanite Magician (LV 10)

Side (15)

Monster (4)
2x Maxx "C" (LV 2)
2x Neko Mane King (LV 2)

Spell (4)
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x The Torah Books Of Spell
1x D.D. Designator

Trap (7)
2x Chain Dissappearance
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Mirror Force
1x Dimensional Prison
1x Fiendish Chain

So what's my strategy with this deck?
My deck here revolves around milling as much monsters as possible in order to have some spellcasters in grave for either "The Necronomicon Books Of Spell", "Monster Reborn", "Miracle Syncro Fusion" or "Chaos Sorcerer/BLS".

Therefore 3 Lylas has to play the role of a running MST and milling gadget in one. Good thing in this deck is that even if the "Books Of Spell" cards are milled into grave they still can serve as cannon fodder for Junon in grave.

These are some of the Key Cards and explanation of their function in this deck:

Lyla, The Lightsworn Sorceress

Magi Magic Magical 375px-LylaLightswornSorceress-SDDC-EN-C-1E

In charge of milling and destroying opponents S/T. Is a spellcaster and can be banished for Sorcerer/BLS.

Junon The Magical Priestess

Magi Magic Magical Junonys

One of the best cards in this Archetype, one should almost every time aim on getting this monster on the field.
Easy summoning condition as she can be ss'd by her own way (3 Books Of Spell in Hand) or just by Temper, Magical Dimension, Monster Reborn (when milled), Necronomicon etc.
Can be xyz'd to Hieron The Magical Hierophant (with herself/Endymion/Gagaga Magician)

L'Amour The Magical Archer

Magi Magic Magical Amourc

This nice guy allows you to ss a spellcaster if you can reveal a Books Of Spell Magic Card. Maybe I should run 3 of them, but I'm testing 2 first. This guy can even special summoning another copy of himself from hand and then the second one can summon a tuner. Can be used for many different combos.

Temper The Magical Summoner

Magi Magic Magical Temperh

This guy can summon a LV 5 or higher Dark or Light Spellcaster from your deck by tributing himself if you used one Book Of Spell this turn. Just awesome calls out your Juno or Endymion almost instantly. But you can't special summon another monster above LV 5 this turn. The clou is to call out a Gagaga Magician and then change it's LV to 7 and xyz to Hieron.

Supreme Arcanite Magician

Magi Magic Magical Arcanitef

Just pops out of nothing and can be a really fearsome gamechanger. With all counters it has 3400 atk in total and can be easily summoned by Miracle Synchro Fusion. One Synchro Spellcaster-type and one Spellcaster as a fusion material isn't that difficult to get, as the deck is full of them. Can pop one card and still has 2400 atk after that, how awesome is that?

The Grimoire Books Of Spell

Magi Magic Magical Grimoired

Can search for another Books Of Spell card and is therefore a good filler in this deck to thin it out. Serves as cannon fodder for Junon and maximizes the chances of ss her.

The Necronomicon Books Of Spell

Magi Magic Magical Necroal

Can special one spellcaster from grave if you remove another spellcaster from grave and can reveal another Book of Spell card in your hand. Works pretty good even with that much conditions (Maybe I'll side one of them out for something better, but they are good as we are working with the milling strategy).

The Torah Books Of Spell

Magi Magic Magical Torah

Gives the deck the consistency it needs. When you activate this card you can decide against what type of card your spellcaster is immune against. (too bad that it doesn't include monster effects)

Last edited by Kahzel on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
valkyjosh
Admin
valkyjosh

Magi Magic Magical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magi Magic Magical   Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:49 am

to be honest i find that less consistant than my magical decks, just keep to running magicals as they work alot faster normally
Back to top Go down
https://abyssalphoenix.forumotion.co.uk
PrimeMeridian

PrimeMeridian

Magi Magic Magical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magi Magic Magical   Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:38 am

i like it ! way to use gagaga magician ! btw, hierophant, as far as i know, was some greek dude who could interpret the unknown or unknowable . so the guy "hierophant" eventually became a word meaning like a prophet or a seer or whatever ; someone who could reveal to the masses what they arent smart enough or religious enough to be able to understand . lol just go look in a dictionary XD

ok thats what i got, preetty much what i said:

1.explainer of mysteries: somebody who interprets and explains obscure and mysterious matters, especially sacred doctrines or mysteries
2.interpreter of events: somebody who explains or comments on everyday matters
3.ancient Greek priest: in ancient Greece, a priest who revealed the mysteries at the annual festival of Eleusis

also maybe a deck themed around spell counters would be cool too, now with these books of spell and other spellcaster support now . cuz arcanite is a total boss so being able to remove counters from endymion magical fortress sounds like a good time, just popping or drawing cards every turn . idk just an idea
Back to top Go down
valkyjosh
Admin
valkyjosh

Magi Magic Magical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magi Magic Magical   Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:38 am

ive got a legendary flame lord spellcounter deck that nails as he only needs 3 counters to basicly nuke other monsters on the field, hes just so old people overlooked him
Back to top Go down
PrimeMeridian

PrimeMeridian

Magi Magic Magical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magi Magic Magical   Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:42 am

i'll have to duel it some time . isnt legendary flame lord a ritual monster ? sounds like an incandescent ordeal XD
Back to top Go down
eburne
Admin
eburne

Magi Magic Magical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magi Magic Magical   Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:43 am

valkyjosh wrote:
to be honest i find that less consistant than my magical decks, just keep to running magicals as they work alot faster normally

what is it with everyone trying to run *insert deck type here* as a chaos build? x.x;
Back to top Go down
eburne
Admin
eburne

Magi Magic Magical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magi Magic Magical   Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:44 am

PrimeMeridian wrote:
i'll have to duel it some time . isnt legendary flame lord a ritual monster ? sounds like an incandescent ordeal XD

seriously. check him out XD it's evil
Back to top Go down
PrimeMeridian

PrimeMeridian

Magi Magic Magical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magi Magic Magical   Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 12:08 pm

lol legendary flame lord as a card of the week candidate XD
and why is everyone trying to make everything into a chaos build? three letters: B. L. S.
our no longer banned envoy is pretty much a super-powered boss monster that is so easy to summon its stupid . i run 3 lights in my uria trap deck and one of them is BLS . altho im trying to squeeze in a marshmallon, hes still almost never dead . just 2 rai-ohs main deck and like utopia and arcanite magician in the extra are the only lights in that deck and BLS still works . so chaos builds arent even like chaos builds . theyre "hey look this deck has enough lights and darks to throw in a BLS" decks .
Back to top Go down
valkyjosh
Admin
valkyjosh

Magi Magic Magical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magi Magic Magical   Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:06 pm

bls is good but easily predicted almost everyone has anti-bls cards mained because people know that a bls is going to be dropped by basicly every deck in known existance, people are always like, i must force light and dark cards in the grave because bls is the only way i can win now, when its not theres plenty of other ways to win and just relying on bls is stupid, ive had someone quit as i used prohibition on bls as he said he had no hope of winning.

On another note Legendary Flame Lord is seriouslly badass it was rubbish at the era it came out in because it was before endymion and half the other spellcounter cards with only the library being out and i think 1 other spellcounter collection card making him insanely dead
Back to top Go down
eburne
Admin
eburne

Magi Magic Magical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magi Magic Magical   Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 5:49 am

valkyjosh wrote:
bls is good but easily predicted almost everyone has anti-bls cards mained because people know that a bls is going to be dropped by basicly every deck in known existance, people are always like, i must force light and dark cards in the grave because bls is the only way i can win now, when its not theres plenty of other ways to win and just relying on bls is stupid, ive had someone quit as i used prohibition on bls as he said he had no hope of winning.

On another note Legendary Flame Lord is seriouslly badass it was rubbish at the era it came out in because it was before endymion and half the other spellcounter cards with only the library being out and i think 1 other spellcounter collection card making him insanely dead

And now that prio isn't there, you can bottomless it so it doesn't get it's remove 1 eff. Razz
Back to top Go down
PrimeMeridian

PrimeMeridian

Magi Magic Magical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magi Magic Magical   Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:23 am

yeah my friend told me priority is no longer existent . this is gonna make rulings a pain for a bit . and it completely changes a lot of strategies . a lot of monsters have just become a lot less dangerous while trap lineups are a lot more potent, slowing the game down . and bottomless has just become better than solemn warning .
Back to top Go down
Kahzel

Kahzel

Magi Magic Magical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magi Magic Magical   Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:58 pm

yeah i agree with you, prime, bth is now a lot better than Solemn Warning.

@eburne and Valkyjosh: It's only me that always tries to build everything into a chaos build Laughing
But I have to say that I always build my deck like that before, I began with DAD Teleport after that becoming mainstream and wrecked, I started using Chaos Plants, then changed it to Junk Doppel Chaos Engine.

After Konami deciding to screw all this versions I thought of using my DAD Teleport engine once again and mix it with my Chaos Stun with a little Heroe splash which i already had a long time ago.
So there the Chaos Heroes were born.

So to summarize, I just like Chaos Builds, that's the reason for it. Now since BLS was out again everybody began to hyperventilate about him and trying to squeeze him in, that's right...
But it damn works lol even if you guys don't like it he IS a game changer, and btw BLS couldn't even call out prio before too as he had this once per turn or rather once during your turns and therefore can't call out prio, but that doesn't even matter now.

But to set you at ease: My actual Verz Build has no Chaos engine at all lol

@Valkyjosh: Legendary seems to be a beast, I'll definitely try him out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
valkyjosh
Admin
valkyjosh

Magi Magic Magical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magi Magic Magical   Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:29 pm

still making everything into a chaos build is just ruining deck spaces, everyone is like, ok i need to put some dark/light cards into this deck otherwise my decks going to fail, bls isnt a game changing card, he is predictable, if i duel a dark or light deck then see someone throwing in the other element cards mid duel i immediate plan for the dropping of bls because its just predictable, and being predictable is bad in a yugioh duel,

Onto why i think this is bad in magicals is because magicals are new, people dont know what to expect from them, but then putting in a predictable chaos engine and a predictable supreme arcanite just makes the deck fail its an XYZ deck run it how its supposed to be run with only magicals in it and people find it alot harder to deal with the general theme of the deck, especially with bls shattering the whole collection of books of spells in the deck, why summon something that your spell lineup cannot support, dropping chaos sorcerer is viable because you can keep it alive with the torah book. But still the magicals were alot more consistant without outside support, otherthan veiler which is now became a must have card in all decks
Back to top Go down
PrimeMeridian

PrimeMeridian

Magi Magic Magical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magi Magic Magical   Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 2:36 pm

ok captain i definitely disagree with you there . the only thing i really agree with is not trying to squeeze in extra lights or darks in a build that clearly isnt meant for them . but come on man if theres a spot in ur deck for a BLS, ur gonna run it as much as u would run DAD in ur evilswarm . ur evilswarm deck is all darks, so doesnt that make DAD totally predictable ? oh and none of ur evilswarm cards support DAD . yet u still run it . why? because DAD, like BLS, is most certainly a game-changer !
2 other things: as far as no BLS in magicals, im sure u know better than me haha . im no magicals player . all i know is that junon is good . and the 2nd thing: i do not see what is so great about legendary flame lord ... i guess u can drop an endymion for him, being they are both lvl 7s, or maybe using exemplar to grab something from grave as ritual fodder, but spellcasters arent really designed to support ritual cards . i can only see him as making a spellcaster build less consistent . gathering spell counters for an easy tempest magician play (magical exemplar is a one card synchro, just ss nights end sorceror, etc...) for like 5000 or more burn damage is a finishing blow . LFL's eff, which is pretty much a magical fortress of endymion themed demise, king of armageddon eff, is damaging if ur opponent has a lot of monsters out, but he doesnt kill backrow . and he is way harder to bring out .. i mean hey if u like him im sure u can make it work and i respect that . but ima have to see to believe on LFL .
Back to top Go down
valkyjosh
Admin
valkyjosh

Magi Magic Magical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magi Magic Magical   Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 9:48 pm

my evilswarm only run DaD and dark creator as i had 2 spaces left in my evilswarm lineup and i didnt want to run the higher level evilswarms or the ones i found useless. If they release more in the way of evilswarm useful 4star monsters i can guarentee DaD will be removed at some point though il probably keep the dark creator because he is just so useful to revvie 4 stars for ophion's bahamuts, ouroboros etc....

LFL isnt run in my magicals its ran in my endymion xyz spellcounter deck, it uses simple cards like gagaga magician for 1 tribute ritual summoning because of gagaga's effect, i also have access to further easy to special summon 7 stars in the form of endymion, then i can either xyz summon or build up counters but this deck doesnt rely a whole lot around bringing in tempest but thats as mainly in my locals everyone is siding in anti burn cards as we have a chain burner turn up often. LFL is nice for only costing 3 counters, it opens up to Hieron easily, the torah book allows me to keep LFL quite well defended and helps me build up counters, ontop of that it puts books in the grave for if i decide on hieron, and i can build up large amounts of counters for multitude of +1s from the library and just sitting on a demise field clearance type eff from LFL meaning i can beat on the opponent with decree to lock down traps.

Magicals in my opinion arnt supposed to run chaos i mean looking through the deck recipe it looks more like someone just put in a small series of cards to make the deck do what it must by comprimising the decks structure, i mean making it run chaos by also making it run arcanite aswell as putting in cards like lyla just stretches everything to much, like a sandwich, if you stretch the filling to much you barely taste anything (i am currently hungry hence the food references)
Back to top Go down
Kahzel

Kahzel

Magi Magic Magical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magi Magic Magical   Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:49 am

Ok after some various duels, I agree with both of you that the chaos build is making it somehow unstable.
I'll try to make a better one focussing more on xyz.

One Question Valkyjosh: Do you run Hygromantei and Batel? And how are you using Batel? Normal summoning him or just set?
Back to top Go down
valkyjosh
Admin
valkyjosh

Magi Magic Magical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magi Magic Magical   Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 5:11 am

i run batel with apprentice magicans to sustain field presence and allow me to dodge taking hits, apprentice dies meaning a grab batel in facedown, then when its hit i pull a book from the deck so its nice, il test it against you at some point. and hygromantei i mainly run alongside chario as the +1000 attk makes him easily able to topple some boss cards such as dolka, but using batel if i have a temper in my hand or ive not run into many yet normally i grab grimoire for a book search and summoning of junon from the deck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Magi Magic Magical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magi Magic Magical   Magi Magic Magical I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magi Magic Magical
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Abyssal Phoenixes :: Favorite Cards + Custom Cards-
Jump to: