Abyssal Phoenixes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abyssal Phoenixes

A Yugioh Duel Team mainly on Dueling Network.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Theme Song  Log inLog in  PortalPortal  
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
GoogleAdsense
Latest topics
» Pokemon Online!
Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:56 am by Mehsk1ll

» Konami's Judge's Corner
Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:35 am by Kahzel

» Song Of The Week
Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:52 am by Mehsk1ll

» Page to post challenges
Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 5:04 am by valkyjosh

» valkyjoshs temporary problem
Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:05 pm by valkyjosh

» Black Luster Soldier - Envoy Of The Beginning: Ruling
Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 2:43 am by Kahzel

» Troll Infinite LP Loop
Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 7:16 am by Kahzel

» DigiMasters Online (DMO)
Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:03 pm by EvilShenron3

» 360 Minecraft
Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:51 am by eburne

Keywords
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics

Card Rulings.

Go down 
+2
PrimeMeridian
eburne
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
eburne
Admin
eburne

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 5:44 am

I know a lot of people get confused with card rulings and errata (wording) so i thought this would be a good topic idea.

so if you have any card queries or rulings you want confirming, we're here to help with everything we know Smile
Back to top Go down
PrimeMeridian

PrimeMeridian

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 8:35 am

yugioh wikia and tcgplayer are extremely helpful websites as well and cover just about any ruling question u might have
Back to top Go down
valkyjosh
Admin
valkyjosh

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 8:41 am

True but some rulings are insane. il explain with one quick description

If you heavy storm, and your opponent uses starlight road, if your mystical space typhoon your heavystorm then it negates starlight road meaning the storm continues. This works because starlight road MUST negate AND destroy which it cannot do if your chain MST to destroy heavy storm
Back to top Go down
https://abyssalphoenix.forumotion.co.uk

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 8:52 am

WIKIA SUX
Back to top Go down
PrimeMeridian

PrimeMeridian

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 9:27 am

the wikia can be retarded sometimes but i wouldnt say it sucks . and nice demonstration of gaming knowledge valky XD
Back to top Go down
valkyjosh
Admin
valkyjosh

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 9:33 am

im good with random luls rulings
Back to top Go down
eburne
Admin
eburne

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 9:50 am

rule 1: mirror force, heavy storm and giant trunade DO NOT TARGET
Back to top Go down
valkyjosh
Admin
valkyjosh

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 9:54 am

eburne wrote:

Cards that target specify this like raigeki break or gem-knight prismaura,
Back to top Go down
GIR~Rose<3

GIR~Rose<3

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 11:59 am

valkyjosh wrote:
eburne wrote:

Cards that target specify this like raigeki break or gem-knight prismaura,

I will never forget that duel. =3
Back to top Go down

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 12:07 pm

i love mirror force now
Back to top Go down
PrimeMeridian

PrimeMeridian

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 12:54 pm

I SUMMON TYRANT DRAGON
this disbales the effects of mirror force .
i swear.
i know my rulings.
targeting.
screw that.
GO TYRANT DRAGON ATTACK HIM DIRECTLY!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
GIR~Rose<3

GIR~Rose<3

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 12:58 pm

Trololololololol x3
Back to top Go down
PrimeMeridian

PrimeMeridian

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:45 am

ok just to start a topic, what exactly can rai-oh neg with his special summon stopping ability ?

i was always under the impression that rai-oh was able to stop gorz/trag . recently i discovered that it cannot . from my understanding, rai-oh can only stop inherent summons . inherent summons are cards that are simply special summoned and not special summoned via an effect like reborn or miracle fusion . so gorz and trag must be special summoned by an effect . that would be the only way that rai-oh couldnt neg them . and the only effects that gorz and trag have are their own effects . so by their own effects, gorz and trag arent inherent summons and cant be negged .

well to me that is confusing . so now does that mean that other cards that special summon themselves with their own effs can also bypass rai-oh and special summon themselves ? cards like cyber dragon and BLS and DAD ?
heres how i see it:

cyber dragon and DAD need a condition to summon themselves ala empty field or 3 darks in grave . this is not an effect that special summons them, but rather a condition that must be met TO special summon them . so rai-oh can negate .
BLS requires banishing a dark and light from grave . this is a cost to special summon, but not an effect that special summons him . so im still pretty sure rai-oh can stop that too .

polymerization, call of the haunted, or any cards like mystic tomato, on the other hand, would attempt to special summon a monster thru an effect . thus, to negate the summon of the monster these cards are attempting to summon, you would have to negate these cards themselves . because by the time the monster they are trying to summon hits the field, the call, tomato, etc has only now resolved and u miss the timing to neg the monsters summon .

gladiator beasts cannot be negated when they tag out . but i dont understand this cuz glads tagging out is a cost to summon another glad from the deck . thats fact . so if that is a cost in order to special summon another glad, rai-oh should be able to neg the newly summoned glad just like it can negate BLS, right ?

grapha . still not sure on this fellow . u must bounce a dw from field to ss him, which sounds an awful lot like a cost to me . and again, that should be nerfable by rai-oh . but apparantly, the official ruling is that rai-oh cant neg his summon . i dont get this one either .

help would be appreciated here . i like to know my rulings and be a reliable source to others who need rulings help . thanks .
Back to top Go down
valkyjosh
Admin
valkyjosh

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:48 am

Its when gorz and trag get dropped thats important here.... the damage step.... this is like the time when rai oh is like "ima take a tea break and get back to you in abit" it can stop grapha, it can stop a contact fusion, sync, xyz summon so it has some use
Back to top Go down
PrimeMeridian

PrimeMeridian

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:04 am

yeah at my locals saturday it was said rai-oh cant stop grapha . but i was pretty sure it could . and i dont think the dmg step has anything to do with gorz/trag, but i could be wrong . rai-oh is just one of those cards haha .
Back to top Go down
valkyjosh
Admin
valkyjosh

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:09 am

I got explained to me that raioh and alot of negation cards cant affect the damage step as youve basicly let the damage step go through the only shizz that affects in that area are attack and defecne altering cards like kalut or honest, its after mirror force timing so your left with honest and kalut as the only cards you can use (possibly others but cba to think) so when gorz or trag is dropped when you take damage rai oh or even dolka and black horn of the heaven cannot take part unless they have a blanket effect like my Verz ophion that is continous
Back to top Go down
PrimeMeridian

PrimeMeridian

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:17 am

well counter traps work in the damage step . so black horn can be activated but i dont think it nerfs gorz . only solemn warning . not even judgment stops gorz . and the only reason warning works is cuz it nerfs gorz's effect that special summons itself . so black horn cant negate the effect of dropping gorz so it cant hit him b4 he hits the field . which still makes very little sense to me . much less cut and dry than saying black horn negates a synchro monster but not a fusion monster . thats easier to understand .
Back to top Go down
valkyjosh
Admin
valkyjosh

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:19 am

from what i know black horn doesnt work BUT and this is important warning stops its effect to special a token then blows his face up, thats the difference
Back to top Go down
PrimeMeridian

PrimeMeridian

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:20 am

that makes sense . so can you negate trag with warning ?
Back to top Go down
valkyjosh
Admin
valkyjosh

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:21 am

nope because it drops in damage step..... but dropping battle fader can be stopped with warning but your battlephae still ends so theres little point
Back to top Go down
PrimeMeridian

PrimeMeridian

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:25 am

"If Solemn Warning is chained to the activation of Battle Fader's effect, then when Solemn Warning resolves Battle Fader's activation will be negated and that Battle Fader will be destroyed in the hand and sent to the graveyard. So Battle Fader is not special summoned and the Battle Phase does not move to the End Step. The declared attack continues."

Back to top Go down
valkyjosh
Admin
valkyjosh

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:26 am

i was informed it effect happens then it gets specialed so its battle phase ending effect still happens
Back to top Go down
.cold thoughts.

.cold thoughts.

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 1:40 pm

i hav an idea,why dnt we make a page of jux common cards and there rulings backed by a official websute stating with a link to the site below it? i cud it for u guys im pretty gud wit it
Back to top Go down
valkyjosh
Admin
valkyjosh

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:01 pm

occasionally some rulings are a pain to find out because they arnt mentioned on alot of sites so its up to reading and understanding the card
Back to top Go down
.cold thoughts.

.cold thoughts.

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 2:41 pm

still i cud post common cards on here ill do sum research to find out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Card Rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings.   Card Rulings. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Card Rulings.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next